Talend Data Integration v7 Certified Administrator Exam
Talend certification exams measure candidates’ skills to ensure that they have the knowledge to successfully implement quality projects. Preparation is critical to passing.
This certification exam covers topics related to the administration of a comprehensive Talend solution in an enterprise setting. Emphasis is placed on system architecture, with focus on all the parts and subsystems that support a complete collaborative development environment.
Certification Exam Details
Exam content is updated periodically. The number and difficulty of questions may change. The passing score is adjusted to maintain a consistent standard, for example, a new exam version with more-difficult questions may have a lower passing score.
Approximate number of questions: 50
Time limit: 1 hour (60 minutes)
Types of questions:
- Multiple choice
- Multiple response
General knowledge of data integration architecture and advanced features such as parallelization.
Experience with Talend Data Integration 7.x solutions, including manual installation and configuration, project management, user management, Job deployment strategies, and troubleshooting of common issues.
To prepare for this certification exam, Talend recommends:
- Taking the Data Integration Administration course
- Studying the training material
- Reading the product documentation
- Acquire experience by using the product for at least 6 months
Certification Exam Topics
DI installation, migration, and configuration
- Prerequisites to installation
- Installation and configuration of Talend Administration Center (TAC)
- Configuration of an SVN repository
- Installation and configuration of Activity Monitoring Console (AMC)
- Installation and configuration of Talend Log Server
- Talend Data Integration architecture
- Locations of various configuration and log files
- Migration process
Activity Monitoring Console
- AMC information storage
- Project and Job configuration
- Accessing the AMC user interface
- Running a Job in Job Conductor
- Scheduling Job execution
- Differences between normal and artifact tasks
- Creating projects and users, assigning authorization
- Creating and managing SVN branches
- Reference projects
Remote execution: Job Server
- Running a Job on a remote Job server
- Why use context variables?
- Git storage
- Configuring a Talend Git repository
- Using Git features in Talend
1. Talend Log Server is built atop:
Choose all that apply.
2. How do you create a new SVN branch?
a. In TAC, click the name of a project in the Projects section, then click Branch Management
b. Click Add in the Branch Management section of TAC
c. In Talend Studio, click Branch Management
d. In the Projects section of TAC, click Branch Management and choose the project
3. Which types of tasks can be created in Job Conductor?
4. Why do you specify where AMC reads its data?
a. You do not specify that
b. Because you can run multiple instances of AMC from a single instance of Talend Studio
c. Because you can store information for different projects in separate locations
d. Because you can specify multiple locations in the Project Properties for a single project
5. What is the default audit database provided by Talend Administration Center?
b. No databases are provided by default
6. Where can you check the CommandLine status?
a. In TAC, in the Monitoring > CommandLine section
b. In TAC, in the Settings > Configuration > CommandLine section
c. It is not possible to check
d. In the Talend Studio preferences, in the Command Line section
7. What are the default credentials for connecting to TAC?
- a, b, and c
- a and c